Week Two: The Past
When we acknowledge the past we are able to raise our awareness, learn and heal.
This week we will develop our practice of journalling to raise awareness of our thoughts and feelings.
With this new insight you will be able to make new choices which will support what healing and actions need to take place to travel with light.
Here are your tasks:
For the next three weeks here are your journal prompts for each day.
Recognise during your day where events in the past are impacting your now and your future.
These can be positive, happy events and also sad or hurtful past events. So think of them as:
Healed: a past event with positive emotions.
Non-healed: a past event with negative emotions.
For example if you are:
- chatting to a friend and notice you are talking about the past what are you talking about and what can you learn from this?
- working with a client or on a business project and you think about a past client or past event, what impact is that having on you now?
- watching a film and it reminds you of something in the past, what was the event and what healing needs to take place?
- seeing a memory pop up on your social media timeline of a specific time/ event in your life, how do you feel and what impact does this memory have on your today?
These are just examples of where the past influences us today and in the future.
Use the question prompts below to process the past event/ emotion or memory.
Record in your journal when you recognise your thoughts or a response is a reaction to a past event.
- Where, what and when was the event?
- Is this a healed or non healed past event?
- Who were you with or were you on your own?
- What are you feeling/ thinking/ saying/ seeing and hearing with the memory of this past event?
- How is this event impacting your now and future (what is it stopping or encouraging you to be or do?)
- Ask what do I need to learn from this event to take the learnings into now and the future and allow the healing to take place?
This level of awareness of how your past is influencing and impacting your now and future will help you feel more empowered in your next steps.
It will help you raise awareness to all events and life experiences you might not be utilising the energy from.
It will also help you prepare for the following module when you start to think about healing.
Click Downloads to Watch a Video about approaching your journalling practice.